London is one of the most esteemed capital cities of the world. It is the best tourist spot, as well as a place which pulls in a large number of students every year to study different subjects.
London School is one such school in the area of greater Washington D.C. which not only aims at providing quality education but also to prepare talented students for productive lives as responsible, caring, and accomplished men whose actions are guided by the principles of fair play, honor, perseverance, and teamwork. Here are more facts about the school.
- Foundation: The school was established in the year of 1929 and has stood apart from other schools in the greater Washington D.C. area.
- One School with 3 Divisions: London school is having 3 divisions in it; (1) Grade 3 to 5, (2) Grade 3 to 8, (3) Grade 9 to 12.
- Teaching Method: Landon school has developed a unique style to teaching – the teacher-coach-mentor model. More than 125 faculty members are dynamic and highly educated who also acts as advisors and coaches. They tend to serve as role models to the students and find teaching everywhere be it in the classroom, art studio, gym, performance hall, and the community beyond school campus.
- Student to Teacher Ratio: With a student-to-teacher ratio of 6:1, teachers provide personal attention to each student to maximize learning. Small class sizes make discussions easy.
- Extra Activities: Landon school facilitates and supports its faculty members’ pursuit of conferences, professional development programs, and seminars that take them around the world to learn new ideas and strategies.
- Rental Facilities: School classrooms are available on rent when they are not being used by school students. The classrooms and special-event spaces of the school are ideal for after-school enrichment activities, religious group gatherings, receptions, and lectures.
- Campus Area: Since the school is aiming at preparing artistic boys the school is surrounded by campus area of 75 acres.