Is it required to pass an exam to become a certified real estate agent and sales associate? Yes, it is mandatory in Oklahoma. This article is meant to provide you with some crucial information pertinent to Oklahoma real estate exam prep.
Requirement to receive a license for provisional sales associates:
- You must produce the proof of your age (Only those 18-year old or above are allowed)
- Every candidate must be sponsored by a broker.
- You must fill up the application form and submit it.
- You must produce the proof of completing 6 college credit hours or 90 hours pre-license education in the Commission-accepted real estate discipline.
- You must submit a proof of citizenship, such as a copy of your birth certificate, permanent resident card or valid passport.
- The candidate must submit 1 fingerprint card as well as $60 while submitting the application form.
- You have to pass the real estate examination.
- You must complete a post license course spanning for 45 hours.
Requirement to receive a license for brokers
- You must produce your age proof (candidates aged 18 years or more are allowed).
- You must produce a proof of completing 90-hour pre-license education.
- The candidates must complete the application form and submit the same.
- The candidates must have active experience of working as a provisional sales associate for at least 2 years.
- All brokers are required to submit the form along with the application.
- The candidates must offer 1 fingerprint card along with $60 while submitting the application. These are needed for background check.
- You must submit a proof of citizenship such as a valid passport, a copy of your birth certificate or permanent residential address etc.
- The candidates must clear the real estate examination.
How much should you score to pass?
The sales associate exam has 130 questions and you must answer at least 75% of all the questions. On the other hand, the broker exam comprises 150 questions and you must give correct answers to at least 75% of all the questions. You will get to know the score shortly after you finish your exam.
- The candidates will get 3 hours to complete the sales associate exam.
- The candidates will get 4 hours to complete the broker exam.
What to bring for the exam?
- You are required to bring 2 Forms of identification, with one of them must bearing photo (Driving license, green card, passport, debit/credit card with signature, US social security card).
- You are allowed to bring a basic, non-scientific and silent calculator that contains no alphabet.
The exam comprises multiple-choice questions and the questions are given on a computer.
Subjects for Exams:
The national portion of the exam comprises the following topics,
- Property Ownership
- Valuation & Market Analysis
- General Principles of Agency
- Transfer of Title
- Real Estate Calculations
- Property Condition & Disclosures
- Land Use Controls & Regulations
- Real Estate Practice
- Real Estate Calculations
- Industrial, Commercial & Income Properties
The state-specific part comprises the following sections,
- Rules & Laws Having an Impact on State-Specific Real Estate Practice
- Broker Relationships
- Property Management
- Closing Statements (Only Broker)
- Broker Operational Qualifications and Procedures
- Trust Funds/Trust Accounts